Dehumidifiers And UV Light Air Cleaners: Stopping Mold Growth

If you have mold in your home, one thing is pretty clear-you have a moisture problem. And moisture is feeding on the mold which you visit, and the mold you do not see. 

This can easily occur from storm damage, older roofing having worn out gutters, shingles which have been filled with debris for some time and left to overflow pipes leaks, much seepage through brick or masonry walls (particularly old brick), and other triggers. You can learn about light disinfection for bacteria and viruses from the experts. 

And even if there is a little leak, if it is sufficient to increase the indoor humidity over 45-50%, that is sufficient to cause bacteria and mold growth.  

And if your house has that musty mold odor, you have likely got mold. A portable dehumidifier is a highly effective tool that may drop humidity levels 20 percent or more at 2-3 days (depending upon temperature, amount of moisture difficulty, etc.

As soon as you receive the humidity down under 40 percent (30-35percent is generally optimal), you will likely see that the mold odor is less and after a couple of days could be entirely gone.

While this dehumidifier is maintaining down moisture, look for the escapes or water resources, and mend them.

Another great tool to use to help eliminate mold is UV light air cleaners at the ducts of your own air conditioner. 

That implies, with these systems mounted at the air ducts you are able to kill over 95 percent of those live airborne pollutants in the order they can not continue to grow and create more mold in your house.  

And what a lot of people don't understand is that frequently, the coil within their air conditioners along with the ductwork are equally breeding grounds for germs and mold since the coil continuously produces moisture.

Leave a Reply